The longest river in China, flowing through two Autonomous Regions and six provinces starting in Qinghai and ending in Shanghai. The shoreline of the river is home to hundreds and thousands of ancient relics and architecture such as temples, mansions, pavilions, gardens etc. Most of our Yangzte River Cruises are run by our trusted partner Victoria Cruises, an American-managed company who operate the largest 5 Star Fleet on the river. Top class service, knowledgeable guides and an extensive range of on-board cultural activities will keep you enthralled and entertained. The rivers most popular attractions are summarised below:
A truly memorable experience awaits you on the cruise to the Three Gorges – Qutang, Wu and Xiling. Xiling Gorge is known for its peaceful streams, caves, natural springs and the inspiration to many a famous Chinese poet. The Wu Gorge is treasured for its beauty and elegance, highlights include unusual shaped rocks and peaks, long canyons and deep crevices restrict the exposure to sunlight and aids the fog phenomenon. Finally the Qutang Gorge, smaller in size of the three but considered the most majestic.
A major tributary of the Yangzte River, crystal clear water flows swiftly from north to south through deep gorges. A sampan tour will allow you to experience a high speed adventure along this newly opened unspoiled river. An arrow-like sampan glides through the four-kilometre-long Mianzhu Gorge and then enters the main stream of the Shennong.
The 3 Gorges Dam
The worlds largest dam is one of the 21st Centuries engineering feats, it’s principal functions are hydro-power generation and flood prevention. Three Gorges Dam Scenic Area is mainly composed of Tanzi Mountain, 185 Platform, Dam Viewing Point and Memorial Garden. It fully displays to visitors the culture of the water conservancy project. Climbing on the Viewing Platform, visitors will be treated to a panoramic view.
Vitoria Cruises 5★
Since 1994, Victoria has been the leader in cruising along the ancient waters of the Yangtze and its magnificent Three Gorges. All seven of Victoria’s ships feature private balconies in every stateroom and have been rated five stars by the China National Tourism Administration- its highest rating. In addition to the popular cruises through the scenic Three Gorges between Chongqing and Yichang (3-, 4-, and 7-nights), Victoria continues to offer extended cruises between Chongqing and Shanghai (6- and 8-nights), featuring interesting stops at Wuhan, Jiuhuashan (or Huangshan) and Nanjing.
Passengers in upgraded Executive Superior Cabins and Suites will receive the following services and amenities:
• Complimentary morning coffee and tea service
• Welcome Fruit Baskets
• Complimentary Wi–Fi service in the Executive Lounge, Yangtze Club and lobby
• Nightly turn down service with printed Daily Itinerary
• Complimentary shoeshine service
• Private shore excursions with 6 or more passengers in a particular group
• Dining selection from two dining rooms, including the main Dynasty Dining Room or the a la carte Western/Chinese Restaurant
• (choice of dining room to be made at the beginning of the voyage). The Dynasty Dining Room offers buffet breakfast, lunch and
• dinner daily, and the Captain’s Farewell Banquet on the final night of the voyage. The a la carte restaurant offers buffet breakfast
• and lunch, and an a la carte menu at dinner.
• Coffee, tea and soft drinks available daily in Executive Lounge (Pepsi, Sprite, Juice)
• Diet soda included for lunch and dinner
• Complimentary “Happy Hour” one hour before dinner in the Executive Lounge (including House Wine, Beer, and Soda)
• Complimentary house wine and beer at dinner
• Seats for evening entertainment may also be reserved through the Cruise Director by passengers booked in Executive Superior
• Cabins and Suites (we ask that those who have reserved seats arrive for the show 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time)